Sunday, August 7, 2011

I don't...

I don't know jack squat about make up. I need help!

When I put make-up on it's just whatever. It doesn't look like I have anything on. This should be a good thing, but I'm usually trying to hide my flaws. My face ends up looking worse when I put makeup on. It should be the other way around. I've tried several foundations. Fashion Fair, Black Opal, Covergirl, and MAC. Fashion fair made me look orange so I stopped that. Covergirl was okay, I recently bought the liquid foundation from HEB. That seems to be more of a sheer coverage/everyday wear. I use black opal every now and then, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about black opal. A few weeks ago I went to MAC and had them color match me. I went to get my makeup done for my residency photos, and the lady did a really good job. My pictures turned out great... BUT I realized in pictures I took myself that the foundation is too yellow. It's the studio fix spf 15, and I also think it dries out my skin. Weird. I will be returning it.

But anyways. I need to learn how to properly apply my make up.

~*~*~*

Realized that I also know nothing about money. I know how to SPEND it, but I don't know much about saving, retirement, IRAs. So I just bought a book by Suze Orman called Young, Fabulous and Broke. I ordered it today on Amazon and I'm excited. I know I need some sort of financial plan. I'm going to have at least $160,000 in med school loans, and I think I have about $8,000 in credit card debt. I want to be debt free as soon as possible. I also want to be able to retire before I'm 60. It would be nice to have vacations homes around the country, and in Nigeria. And I also need to save $$ for my 5 future kids so they can go to college.

I looove spending money, and I have very very expensive taste. It's not that I pick something JUST because it's name brand. I'm somehow attracted to it without even knowing it's name brand/designer. You could put out a pile of bags with no markings, and I will somehow pick the most expensive one. Like a few months ago I went thrift shopping with my mom. EVERY SINGLE ITEM that I picked just happened to be designer. So I just have expensive taste, and I don't want anything to stop me from buying what I want. Which is why I'm trying to educate myself so that I can enjoy my money, while also having a nice nest egg. Physicians are known for making poor financial decisions, and I don't want to be one of them.

~*~*~

I'm going to a wedding this weekend!! I'm excited! Too bad I don't know the people that are getting married. Hahaha. You know how Nigerians do. We just show up to parties and events even though we don't know the celebrant. I don't usually do that. I do however know the bride's father. I've never met his daughter because she's from his previous marriage and lived with her mom.

My parents have never been real party goers, they are more church oriented. I can count how many Nigerian parties I've been to on one hand.

~*~*

I'm a skinny fat person. I eat and eat and eat and eat and eat, but I don't gain weight. When I got to med school I lost 15 pounds, and I've been struggling to gain it all back. It usually doesn't bother me until it's time for me to go back home. Last year I weighed 130 lbs and EVERYONE made comments about my weight. You know how Nigerians can be, they have no filter. One day my aunt came to visit and when I opened the door she says "AH AH!! kilode? Se everything wa okay?" Then she sat me down to have a heart-to-heart in order to investigate my eating habits and stress level. One Sunday, I had on a dress that 'exposed' my clavicles and my dad told me to put on a sweater. He said that I needed to cover myself because I didn't look good. Everyone kept trying to shove food down my throat. I felt HORRIBLE during that time. It's not that I don't eat, I even eat more than most men. I just have a freakishly fast metabolism. I'm now up to about 134 lbs and working to get to at least 140. I eat a lot, but most of it just goes to my belly which isn't good. So yea. haha



This week should be busy, praying that everything goes well.